help need how to port game to android

Started by Zip, January 10, 2014, 06:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip

hello ppl !
I no longer used bennu for a while and do not know the situation Android how has evolved.
I would like to bring my game earth (invasion originally developed for Pandora) and port to Android.
but I do not know where to start,
for example, the native resolution of the game was: 800 x 480
I never developed on android, there is a standard resolution? how do I change the game about the resolution?
how to compile it? etc.

thanks

FreeYourMind

You have X different resolutions, depends of tablet or phone xD i recomend use always fullscreen stretch. See pix games code

Zip

FreeYourMind

panreyes

Zip

nothing in english? i know im italian and i should understand spanish, but its not my case :P
thanks

FreeYourMind

Bennu sintax is english based xD for comments use google translator jajaja

Zip

ok ill study spanish :P

wait my question soon for port:)

edit: ok
where to start?

JaViS

Quote from: PiXeL on January 10, 2014, 10:15:01 PM
Or PiX Template :)
http://www.bennugd.org/es/node/192

you should definitely look at this. It's a project template with all the scripts necessary to export the game to OUYA nd Android phones
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

Zip

@ l1nk3rn3l the game is already made! (with bennupack :P) i need to port

@javis

downloaded yet,

there is'nt a tutorial?
like a list of what you need to add for make a game runnable on android?

thanks to all

JaViS

there isn't a tutorial, it's actually very simple, you just need to look at that project and figure out what you need to change. there are some .bat files that does all the work for you. exportar_ouya.bat and exportar_android I thin are their names.
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

Zip

im going mad for editing this bat file, my game files is not structured like plantilla.prg example

1) i need to recompile fpg?
2) could you make a folder with various script more generic editing "plantilla.prg""plantilla.dcb" etc with "insertnamegame.prg" ?
3) why when i compile plantilla.prg in temp folder doesnt appear nothing?
4) i usually dont use in my code :
import mod math
import mod draw etc
i just put bgdc.import in same folder of source of game, that its a problem for android port?

thanks

Grew

I have the same problem as you.
When I run exportar-android.bat, the "temp" folder opens, but there is nothing inside.
I know this is a very good thing to have done this template and I'm sure this is a good job, but please could you juste give us some instructions to help us ?
My game developer instagram :
https://www.instagram.com/ben_dev_game/